Hey Everyone!!!

Sorry if this one is a little short, but I am a little short on time this week. I love you all and thank you for all the little cards and pictures that came from the primary.... Really touching, and it was awesome to see your bright faces in the photo you sent me... I have it glued in my journal to help me remember all of my little friends.

The rain continues... it stopped for awhile, long enough to get some laundry hung and dried, but it decided to start up again... When there´s rain... there is no missionary work.... well there IS but noone lets us in, and some people are so afraid of the rain that they do not even dare open the door to reject us. But we continue anyway.

This week went by faster than lightning... I can hardly believe that P-day is here again. I feel like time is quickly slipping through my fingers, and all I can do is let it... on the 10th of May I will hit my 11 month mark (EEK), and I hardly feel worthy to meet it, but this week, we were able to see more fruit of la obra misional.

This past Saturday, however, Jorge Alvarenga, the son of Graciela and daughter of Diana, both members got baptized this week. He is super awesome... I am so exited to see him progress... The lessons got off to a rocky start, but once they started, he was one of the most golden investigators that I have met in my mission... we found out by the second lesson that he was already keeping the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity even before we had a chance to teach him about it. Kinda cool, huh?

And it was one of the most awesome baptisms that I have ever experienced. The spirit was so strong, and he was surrounded by all of his best friends, which are all members. I know that he is going to do great things for his family and for the church... I would not be suprised when I am old and grey, hearing his name called to be a seventy or something in general conference.

I know that God has great plans for him and his family... And now Hermana Graciela has Sacerdocio in her house, which is one of the greatest things that God has given her in a very long time. Now we have to work with her husband who has a story and a history with the missionaries longer than all the blogs in the world, but we are working to make this family a happy functioning eternal family, one way or another.

We are kind of worried right now, because no investigators attended sacrament meeting, and we do not have anyone who has a baptismal date scheduled, and President del Castillo does not like that... We are supposed to have 6 people attend sacrament meeting and 6 who have baptismal dates each week, and now we have none...

They really can´t argue with us, we have had 4 baptisms in 2 months, making us the higest baptizing area in the mission, We have a few new people that we have recently found, but noone concrete as of yet. So we are fasting and praying that we can find more people who are willing to attend church and are prepared to jump in the water.

Well, I love you all, and I am counting down the days when I can see all of you again.

All my Love,
Hermana Tritsch

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati