Hey Everyone!!!
Despite all the worry and trouble, I still serve in Posadas, LaValle area with Hermana Loria. But this past week went haywire with all the other changes in the Zone… our apartment was a landing platform for hermanas coming and going (because it’s closest to the bus terminal), which makes us have to entertain them all. When everything was all over, we did not want to do anything but sleep.
But no rest for the weary I am afraid… We still bear the Lord´s name on our chest and have to continue working anyway… But Hermana Loria has many sicknesses and one of them got the best of her, and we had to get her to the hospital… Something with her stomach… We still are not sure what exactly she has, so the doctor wants to do more tests.
They gave her some sort of antacid, I am not exactly sure and put her on a very boring diet, which I have to follow because I am her companion, but things are better now… for the time being.
And to top it all off, it has not stopped raining since last Tuesday. The sun came out today, but just barely.
But Saturday was awesome… we were doing contacts in the far part of our area, and had done like 20 and were on our way to a cita, when we contacted our way into a deaf woman. She had a little girl with her and she looked about 20ish years old. We mimicked and gestured and wrote our way into a contact because the sign here is way different than in the United States. She spelled out her name for me and it was unlike anything I have ever seen… in the end, I could not figure out what her name is, but we gave her a pamphlet and gestured our way through explaining where the chapel was.
It was way thrilling to be able to talk with my hands again even though it was not exactly what I was used to…
I have seen several deaf people in our area, and even a member that attends our meetings. (Without interpreter… way sad, but there really is not anything I can do about that.) I really want to learn more of the sign here…. Maybe president will let me buy a dictionary or something… even basic signs and the alphabet would help, and it probably helps my cause a ton that I already can understand a little. I really hope so… I hate that my hands are tied (so to speak… jaja.)
But I am kind of on a giddy high from the whole ordeal.
Love,
Hermana Tritsch

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati