Hey Everyone!!!

Here I am writing from a cyber in Ituzaingó, tired but happy.

I am pleased to report that the air temperature continues to make a steady climb upward, pushing everyone from inside their homes to their patios -- making contacting infinitely easier since they can´t pretend they are not there if they are outside. We have a goal this week to get 60 "other lessons" this week and 20 "bautism challenges" this week and we are well on our way to completing both of our goals. These numbers are the "numbers of excellence" for our area, and we are working hard to achieve them.

With the summer, Ituzaingó becomes a prime tourist spot for Argentinians because of the pretty beaches here, and for us, that means TONS of people to teach. Everyone flocks here during the summer like Americans flock to Florida or LA. Hermana Schmutz and I are anxious for everyone to get here.



We have a baptismal date with Nora y Oscar!! my first ones in the mission field. Hermana Schmutz and I are so exited because a miracle happened to let them be baptized. Nora has been smoking most of her adult life, and through much fasting and prayer on the part of us and many of the members of our little rama (branch), quit last week, and has not had or bought a cigarrette since! because of her dedication to the word of wisdom, she and her husband Oscar will be baptized on the 5th of Septiembre.

Hermana Didie, a member of the church and teacher at the local school, has even noticed big changes in their daughter Mariana, even though she, herself is not taking our lessons. I know that the gospel will cause many good things in that family, and I hope I can stay longer to witness the changes.

We are so happy for the family, and we know that they will be a good addition to the ward, and will work hard to eventually become a forever family by becoming sealed in the temple.

We are trying extra hard to find new investigators -- which is hard because the missionaries have taught most of the city, and the ones they haven´t taught are only transient. But we work hard, and I know God will bless our efforts with new investigators.

-Hermana Sarah Tritsch

PS I don't know why I cant email anyone besides family... Its just one of those mission rules, I don't want to say that I broke. So I receive emails from everyone, and slow mail back... Its only about 6 or 7 pesos to mail back to the states, so its not too bad by way of postage.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati