In Argentina… everything works backwards. Everything works differently and everything sounds differently… from the sidewalks not being on the side of the street but instead on the island in the middle, to the fact that centavos are in short supply and no one can give you exact change for anything.

Also, nature works differently… from owls that sound like wolves and frogs that sound like dying cats, I often find myself in a place that it seems logic forgot. But I am slowly getting accustomed to this strange place, a place where often times I feel that surely I am in some sort of dream… that surely I am going to wake up and be back at Utah State and away from this dusty place that was so far out of my frame of reference, not even 6 months ago.

This is an odd sort of the place where the north star doesn´t exist and I can never quite figure out which direction I am going.

But gladly I have a companion that knows what to do and where we are headed, and I feel grateful to work with someone who I feel as long as I stick with her that I will be okay.

I slowly understand more and more Castellano as the days progress, and I am sure that soon I will look back on these silly posts and laugh at the time where I could not say anything… at least that is what Hermana Schmutz says.
But regardless, one thing remains the same… and that is our message to the world… that Christ lives and we are children of God that can return to him as a perfect, glorified person.

Hermana Schmutz and I are getting to experience some of that. The 5th, this Saturday, marks the baptism of two of our investigators, Nora and Oscar Triay, and we can´t hardly contain our excitement. We know that they are going to benefit greatly from being baptized and our little Rama (branch) here in Ituzaingó will benefit greatly from having them as part of their congregation.

Monica Mendez continues to dig a niche for herself in her new calling as first counselor in the Young Women´s program… I never saw a ward jump on a new member so fast and give her such a weighty calling not a month after her baptism… but that is the way it works here… They figure if you are attending and worthy, then they can give you a calling… The Young Mens president is 19 years old and mission bound… and no one has any clue what they are going to do when he finally leaves on the mission.

We continue to struggle to find new investigators because we set up appointments with people we find on the street, and no one seems to be bothered with keeping their appointments. But we pray and work hard and know that God is on our side.

Hope everything is faring relatively well in the states… remember to email me. I miss you all dearly.

-Hermana Sarah Tritsch

PS – My Preparation day is now on Mondays, so if you want to email me, do it before Mondays so I can receive it quickly.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati